jueves, 31 de octubre de 2013

Waiting for the Barbarians? They are already here!



I read in the newspaper yesterday a story I find hard to conceive. I can’t remember in which country the sad tale took place, but given the cruelty displayed I assume it must have been an undeveloped land with poor education and a non-existent justice system, still steeped in the barbaric practices of the uncivilized past.
A disabled man, living alone, had suffered continual vandalism, so he decided to take some photos of the misdemeanors in order to report them to the authorities. Some neighbours spotted him and leapt to their conclusions – camera, man, photos of kids…paedophile!
The poor man was taken in for questioning, found innocent, and released. Back home his neighbours were waiting for him with chants of ‘paedo, paedo’. Two days later he was attacked, doused in spirits and burnt to death.
Ah, now I remember, it was the UK!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario